Suggestions For Him and Her (And Little Ones, Too!)
• Check out the great selection of cosmetics, jewelry and handbags at Third Street House Gift Shop at 307 Third St. The shop offers the popular Sorrelli jewelry line for those who want something that shines! Can’t decide what she’d like? Pick up a gift certificate, and let her decide. For a complete list of stores, visit our site!
• Henderson is lucky to have several wonderful florists that provide flower arrangements and shipping. Call ahead and discuss options. Although roses are one of the most popular flowers sent for Valentine’s Day, there are several other blooms to choose from.
• Because Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year, surprise her at work with a lunch date. Several downtown eateries offer lunch specials in a warm, friendly atmosphere.
• Take a look at the artwork in the Rotunda Gallery in the public library together. Currently, the gallery is displaying the nature photography of Lowry Igleheart-Keach.
• Warm up next to the fireplace at Ruby Moon Vineyard and Winery and sample their award-winning wines and gourmet cheeses.
• Plan a romantic stay at one of our Bed and Breakfasts. Find information on these and other hotels here.
• Looking for an easy dinner date? Surprise him with a home cooked meal. Or pick up barbecue from a local spot and leave the work to them. Western Kentucky is known for its smoky, full-flavored barbecue. Call ahead for carry out.
• Nothing beats a night at the movies. Now that Henderson has it’s own theater located at 406 Walker Drive you won’t have to go far to find a great film. For show times and a list of current movies visit www.showplacecinemas.com or call (270) 212-0523.
• Shopping for an outdoorsmen? Camo Fish Guide Services offers half day and full day guided fishing and birding tours of the Ohio River. Contact Captain Paul Willett at (270) 748-6077 or visit their website www.camofishguideservice.com for details.
• Rent a cottage at John James Audubon State Park. The cottages offer views of the lake and are furnished. Price ranges are seasonal from $80.00 - $160.00 per night. Cottages open year round.
• Stop by Matt’s News & Gifts for a card. Be sure to write your own sweet sentiment inside!
For the Kids:
• On February 4, Audubon State Park will offer children ages 3-5 a chance to make Valentine’s Day art during their Tiny Tot’s art class. Dress for a mess. For registration, call (270) 827-1893.
• The JFK Community Center will hold their annual Valentine’s Day Party on Feburary 14 from 3-5pm. Kids can enjoy arts and crafts, games, dancing and refreshments.
What other places in Henderson, Kentucky do you suggest for great gift ideas?